The SwissID App is the perfect companion for when you’re out and about. Simply have your identity verified once using the app and then unlock the full potential of your SwissID.
The features and advantages of the SwissID App
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
How can I change the language of the SwissID App?
The SwissID App adopts your mobile phone’s system language by default. If a language setting is not supported, the SwissID App selects English as the language by default. The following languages are currently supported: German, French, Italian and English.
I have lost my mobile phone with the SwissID App, or it has been stolen. What should I do?
If your mobile phone has been lost or stolen, please contact Customer Support as soon as possible.
I’ve got a new mobile phone. How can I use the SwissID App on it?
Can I use the SwissID App on more than one mobile phone?
Can I also use the SwissID App abroad?
Two-factor authentication using the SwissID App is not working. What should I do?
If you don’t receive a login request on your mobile phone when using SwissID to log in, please check the following points:
- Your mobile phone is connected to Wi-Fi or your mobile network.
- You have logged in with your existing SwissID account or created a new SwissID account in the SwissID App.
- The email address displayed in the SwissID App matches the email address you would like to log in with.
- For Android users: You have installed the latest version of the Google Play Store on your mobile phone.
- You have enabled two-factor authentication in the app.
- You have installed the latest version of the SwissID App.
- You are using an Android mobile phone or a mobile phone that runs on the iOS operating system.
- The operating system you are using is up to date.
- Push notifications are enabled for the SwissID App on your mobile phone.
- The ‘Energy saving mode’ and ‘Battery optimisation’ options are not enabled for the SwissID App in your mobile phone’s settings.
If the problem persists, please disable two-factor authentication in your SwissID account at swissid.ch and set it up again. Alternatively, you can log in with the code you receive by text message instead.